Chefs association of Nepal was established in the year 1996 as the umbrella organization of Nepalese culinary Professionals across the country. The objective was to share and build on their knowledge and skills for the industry’s overall growth, diversification and sustainability of the industry. The association comprises of 1200 members who conform to diverse disciplines of tourism, hospitality and culinary. Almost 500 members are now professionally in various countries.. . The executive committee consists of 17 members, who are elected vide the Annual General Assembly which takes place every alternate year. The incumbent executive committee is headed by Mr. Khadga Bahadur Lama. The association’s office in Ranibari, Kathmandu is spread across an area of 7annas and 3 paisa (190.74sq meters) and is fully equipped both for the administrative and human resources development functions under its current scope operations. Whereas membership fee and renewal is the major sources of its income, it also generates funds through its training, consultancy and placement portfolios.
Goal Is to help provide a strong foundation to the Nepalese hospitality in terms of industry quality, efficiency and sufficiency
- To contribute to the overall the development and growth of tourism and hospitality industry in Nepal.
- To bring in to light the everyday problem faced by Nepalese culinary professional – big and small and to explore solutions to the same in partnership with the concerned agencies.
- To help build a human resource inventory, which is not only aware of the contemporary development in culinary but also enhance the innovation in indigenous gastronomy.
- To explore meaningful partnership with national international stake bearing agencies for promotion, employment and human resources development.
- To promote hospitality and gastronomy entrepreneurship.
- Orientation program for hospitality / culinary professionals.
- Workshop seminar and interactions.
- Courses on diverse discipline of culinary management and operation. We currently conduct different courses and soon we plan to start Diploma program which will be affiliated from different international Culinary colleges.
- Cooking skill test for different embassies.
- Short term mobile training.
- Consultation for the new opening and running of hotel and restaurant.
- Blood donation program as a social program and participation in different national and international program/seminars.
- Human resource support for hotels/ tourism and hospitality schools and colleges.
- Nepal Chefs Association Foundation / Nepal Culinary Academy.
This is the sister concern company of Chefs Association of Nepal that was established in the year 2016. The main purpose is specially for the academic program, which is conducted in chefs association of Nepal building through its Nepal culinary Academy. The culinary school is of international standard in infrastructure. This program is technically supported by World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS).
Chefs association of Nepal was established in the year 1996 as the umbrella organization of Nepalese culinary Professionals